A Companion to Korean Art
pdf | 14.99 MB | English | Author :J. P. Park | 978-1118927045 | 2020 | Wiley-Blackwell; 1 edition
Book Description :
The only college-level publication on Korean art history written in English
Korean pop culture has become an international phenomenon in the past few years. The popularity of the nation's exports―movies, K-pop, fashion, television sho, lifestyle and cosmetics products, to name a few―has never been greater in Western society. Despite this heightened interest in contemporary Korean culture, scholarly Western publications on Korean visual arts are scarce and often outdated. A Companion to Korean Art is the first academically-researched anthology on the history of Korean art written in English. This unique anthology brings together essays by renowned scholars from Korea, the US, and Europe, presenting expert insights and exploring the most recent research in the field.
Insightful chapters discuss Korean art and visual culture from early historical periods to the present. Subjects include the early paintings of Korea, Buddhist architecture, visual art of the late Chosŏn period, postwar Korean Art, South Korean cinema, and more. Several chapters explore the cultural exchange between the Korean peninsula, the Chinese mainland, and the Japanese archipelago, offering new perspectives on Chinese and Japanese art. The most comprehensive survey of the history of Korean art available, this book:
- Offers a comprehensive account of Korean visual culture through history, including contemporary developments and trends
- Presents two dozen articles and numerous high quality illustrations
- Discusses visual and material artifacts of Korean art kept in various archives and collections worldwide
- Provides theoretical and interpretive balance on the subject of Korean art
- Helps instructors and scholars of Asian art history incorporate Korean visual arts in their research and teaching
The definitive and authoritative reference on the subject, A Companion to Korean Art is indispensable for scholars and academics working in areas of Asian visual arts, university students in Asian and Korean art courses, and general readers interested in the art, culture, and history of Korea.
Download link Here
| Nitroflare |
Thanks for downloading A Companion to Korean Art :